Friday, July 12, 2013

Stormy South

Hi, all! I just wanted to share a video I made today with my Google Glass. I was on my front porch hoping to catch some lightning on video. At about the :07 mark, you can hear a very loud explosion in the distance. It scared me half to death. I ended up learning that a transformer exploded when hit by lighting about a half-mile away.



As for the Glass, the audio is actually pretty decent considering the size of the microphone. You can hear the rolling thunder in the distance and the explosion is loud. Believe me, it was much louder in person, but you will get the gist of it. Glass did not capture just how dark the clouds were. They had a much darker tone in person. In the end, the storm passed and all was well my way.

I am currently composing my biggest blog to date. This will cover the good, the bad, and the ugly about Glass. Well, there's not too much that's ugly about Glass, but there's a lot of improvement needed before this goes on the mass market. There's also so much amazing potential.

-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment